Sunday, March 20, 2011

What Am I Looking For Best Line

am a feminist ... Monday through Friday, from 9 to 18 Women Attacked

gut, neurons and heart ...

Karina Ortiz Guerrero

up in the last 15 January in which called on all those who wish to express their condemnation of the hundreds of murders of women by gender (femicide) occurring in the country and require clarification of the femicide Marisela Escobedo and Susana Chavez, I saw , with some frustration and many questions in your head, not only the attendance was very low but also the faces were the same. I'm not saying anything new right?

Many things have not changed. Even with so much public policy in favor of substantive equality between women and men in mainstreaming gender in the government or policies for prevention, care and punishing violence against women, Mexican women continue to live the ravages of capitalism that a bird of prey, has been stripped, with both hands or little by little, the minimum conditions a dignified life. Mexican women continue to be victims of all violence in all social spheres. None of this has changed.

But there are other aspects that have not been changed substantially: many women remain silent, are the eyes that see, ears that hear, hearts that feel, but silent mouths. I am not referring to those found in a violence in the context of the family, in marriage or trafficking. For them, for these women, our sisters, silence can be the last resort of resistance or survival to the loss of physical, psychological and moral or against the specter of death, rather, murder. No, I do not mean them, I mean they know, they listen, and silent witnessing violence directed against other women: her friends, her neighbors, her co-workers.

And then, during the march, walking in that quota, shoulder to shoulder, cry cry, get luggage after I began to wonder (more in a self-criticism are questioning the actions of others) "why women continue to keep silent?". And above all I questioned myself and the role they play as a public servant of a government body with clear targets on gender equality and eradication of violence against women, "is that I carry T-rights advocate the beat of a human time clock? ".

I would say no, I dare say that the indignation and anger that caused me so much violence against women in the belly I feel is real, and the struggle for justice and respect for our rights is not a position based on political correctness is not part of my contract because I work in a program or an institute that X, at least not in my case I can not speak for other public servants.

However, I've noticed that many times I express myself in spaces with no echo or in places where words are trapped between four walls lined with official logos or slip through coffee tables.

defend the rights of women does not comment on the record the day. Talking among ourselves of anger, frustration and helplessness that causes us not to denounce violence, talk to us about the serious violations human rights of women does not demand justice, talk to us about the violence we have witnessed in our daily spaces means more than taking a confrontational stance, frank and open against the patriarchy, its uses and abuses

Me from little girl told me "you look more beautiful coy", "women love to gossip, and learned to shut up, and learned to operate through rumor, gossip, anecdote. But it taught us to say NO, to defend, to say ENOUGH!

The bloody reality of others, and sometimes the same, making the status of a simple comment lost between talks at the lunch, hallway meetings and working together. And I think that way is not going to spend absolutely nothing, because we are following suit to the Patriarchate indoctrinated we remain silent, looking down, to modulate the voice.

I think many women have to start now to raise their voices to the streets, to conquer and reclaim our space, and perhaps a good start to begin to denounce violence against women in our family, our work, our neighborhood. The feminist struggle that began in the late nineteenth century is not finished, there is much to be done. And from my point of view, do more to be part of the bulk of public servants to meet the commitments of governments to gender equality and the eradication of violence against women, said of his plans and programs.

I know that big brother mini controlling my entries and exits of office is relentless and it is sometimes difficult to attend marches and demonstrations during the workday, but I must not forget that the sisterhood, feminism - Well, not all assume or have it taken as such and the defense of human rights of women exceeds schedule also includes Saturday, Sunday and holidays, and is 24 hours a day.

... And as he marched with that quota, I wondered: "Why not come, where are they?" .

March 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment